Make a difference to the lives of children and adolescents
If you are passionate about working with children and young people then this online course about Child & Youth Counselling is perfect for you. You will learn about theories of childhood development (e.g. morality, cognition, psychosocial), as well as develop core counselling skills. The modules offer an opportunity to learn about specialist areas such as mental health problems which have their onset in childhood, adolescent development, and disorders of childhood.
You will also learn more general psychology which can be applied to people of all ages, or focusing on specific areas for counselling. You can study this flexible course in your own home and at your own pace, and you will have support from our experienced and highly qualified tutors.
Duration study load
Approximately 300 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
- Learn about the counselling process and how to talk to people and children about their problems
- Advance your career by improving your communication and people management skills
- Gain a foundation for working in counselling
- Complete online in your own time, at your own pace
- Learn skills to help children grow and develop
- Build your confidence and skills when relating to adolescents
- Enrol to the three courses together with this bundle and save money!
28 modules / 28 assignments
Laura-Louise AcockDiploma in Child & Youth Counselling"I found the comments really useful from tutors in terms of their feedback. I liked the fact that you could do the course in your own time, as I could juggle it around a full time job."
This course covers three comprehensive modules:
1. Introduction to Child Psychology
2. The newborn infant
3. States and senses of the infant
6. Cognitive development
7. Language development
10. Sexuality & Morality
2. Life Crises
3. Physical Development
4. Intellectual Development
5. Emotional Development
7. Social Development
8. Moral Development
9. Delinquency and Crime
10. Adolescents and the Transition to Adulthood
1. Learning specific counselling skills
2. Listening and bonding
5. Interview techniques
6. Changing beliefs and normalising
7. Finding solutions
8. Ending the counselling
About The Career Academy
The Career Academy offers a range of employer recognised courses as well as specialist courses to improve job performance. Our focus is on mentoring, inspiring and supporting people through training so their career or business can reap the rewards. The Career Academy’s course delivery is flexible, so our students can study with minimal disruption to their daily life. We offer flexible payment plans so anyone wanting to learn has the opportunity no matter their circumstances.