Gain insights into child behaviour
This certificate is focused for people wanting to or already are working with children as well as anyone wanting to develop skills for a career in childcare. This certificate is comprised of the following courses – Introduction to Early Childhood Development and Care, Child Psychology and Children’s Nutrition.
Helping parents and child care workers understand how they can provide an environment that nurtures a child’s development.
This course is designed for :
- Parents wanting a greater understanding of their child’s behaviour
- Anyone wanting to build or enhance their career in child care
- Childcare worker
Duration study load
120 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in 12 weeks.
- Extend your knowledge of child behaviour
- Understand children’s learning and development
- Learn skills to help children grow and develop
- Clear, in-depth information
- Receive support via phone or email from our experienced tutors
Accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Covering three comprehensive modules. A combination of multiple choice, short answers, essays, etc.
- Childhood development from 0-3 years
- Positive methods of parenting children
- Behavioural management or positive child guidance
- How to toilet train children
- Child safety including guiding children on the internet, food safety and preventing food poisoning and avoiding slips, trips and falls
- Introduction to Child Psychology
- The newborn infant
- States and senses of the infant
- Cognitive development
- Language development
- Sexuality & Morality
- Introduction to Child Nutrition
- Nutrition for Pre-Pregnancy
- Nutrition in Pregnancy
- Nutrition in Infants
- Nutrition in Childhood
- Nutritional Concerns
- Healthy Eating Behaviours
- Issues in Child Nutrition
- Childhood Obesity
- Diet Plan
About The Career Academy
The Career Academy offers a range of employer recognised courses as well as specialist courses to improve job performance. Our focus is on mentoring, inspiring and supporting people through training so their career or business can reap the rewards. The Career Academy’s course delivery is flexible, so our students can study with minimal disruption to their daily life. We offer flexible payment plans so anyone wanting to learn has the opportunity no matter their circumstances.